Friday, April 15, 2011

Oh, What Savings!

So, I have somewhat been obsessed with the Extreme Couponing on TLC. I would like to be able to do what some of those people are doing and I have been keeping an eye on a couple websites that can help me save money while shopping. So, I made my list and went to the store. Along with the items I had coupons for I needed to buy some things for the boys classrooms for their Easter celebrations. What you see below are all the items I bought at Wal-mart, before scrolling down take a guess at how much it all cost? Below you will find my receipt with the final amount on it, but included in the picture are a few items I did not have a coupon for including the two packs of stickers for $3, the bag of candy for $2, and the Easter grass for $1.66. Now how much do you think I paid?

Yes, you read that correctly, all of those items cost me $4.01 out of pocket, including the tax on all the items! With Wal-marts coupon policy you get the full amount of money off your purchase even if the products don't cost that much. Thomas asked me why I bought infant formula and my reply was because I was able to make money to buy other items with it. I had a $5 off coupon, the formula only cost $3 something, giving me $1 + to spend on the items I didn't have a coupon for!!! I donated the formula to the daycare for anyone interested!


I don't think I will be able to coupon to the extent of some of those people, but I would like to be able to stockpile a little, it never hurts to have reserves!

1 comment: